Tuesday, January 15, 2008

dime a dozen miseries

i really just hate when people are blind and can't see what's really happening.

i guess sometimes you only do what's in your best interest,
and it may not seem smart to listen to the people around you.
after all, it's your life.
not theirs.
i just wish people could see what's really good for them,
not what they think is right at the time.
i mean, you're growing up,
and i do understand when my parents tell me
"you think you know everything at eighteen,"
i'm too young to know anything yet,
just, i think a lot.
friends, family, boyfriend, school, everything.
and for me to be too young,
means my friends, the people i look up to most,
are too young too.
there's three people in particular that i can talk to about anything,
and what if they're too young to know anything?
it's like i'm looking down instead of up.
but really, it's not about me,
just about people in particular that if i were to write names,
it'd start a whole bunch of drama that doesn't need to happen.
and if your reading this, don't worry.
chances are it's not you.
i just hate to see things around me that others can't see for themselves.
i just want to tell them they're being stupid,
but i realize there are probably things that people think i'm stupid for.
so my strategy is to keep my mouth shut.
i just felt like i needed to get things off my chest,
and i just wish people would open their eyes.

it makes me wonder what i'm missing out of life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, not speaking up is good sometimes, but other times it ends up hurting you...ily

-- Possum -- said...

Yeah. I agree with Maria. Sometimes its just better to keep your mouth shut, but not always. I hate drama.

And I think i know the dress you were talking about in your comment. Im pretty sure ive seen a picture of it before. Its really pretty. Way to recycle. Lol.

Much love.